Attorney Charles Bratton is able to assist in tax planning for corporations and wealthy individuals. He uses his experience to help families pass on their wealth in the most tax-efficient manner using such techniques as:
- Testamentary trusts
- Inter vivos trusts (Living Trusts)
- Insurance trusts (ILIT’s)
- Qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTS)
- Generation-skipping trusts
- Dynasty trusts
- Intentionally defective grantor trusts (IDGT)
- Grantor retained annuity trusts (GRAT’s)
- Charitable remainder unitrusts and annuity trusts (CRUT’s and CRAT’s)
- Grantor retained income trusts (GRIT’s)
- Charitable lead trusts (CLT’s)
- Business recapitalizations
- Family limited partnerships (FLP’s)
- Family limited liability companies (LLC’s)
Many people have a basic understanding of estate planning and what it entails. However, too often people will make decisions without considering all the pieces to the puzzle. Because every person’s situation is unique, there is no single cookie-cutter approach a lawyer can follow to create an estate plan that is right for your situation. Our lawyers are very effective at developing estate planning strategies that will deal with your tax issues and help you leave the legacy you desire.
Avoiding probate is important to some of our wealthy clients. Through estate planning with trusts, you can keep your family’s confidential financial matters private. Many of our clients who own properties in multiple states wish to consider living trusts. Each state may require a separate probate proceeding which can be costly and time consuming.
For more information or to schedule a consultation with an attorney, contact Rothamel Bratton in Haddon Heights, Haddonfield, Philadelphia, Lawrenceville and Linwood today.